where I truly belong to!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hi!I am shima,shima farhesh.I'm19 years old and still a college student of az-zahra university in Tehran,Iran.I've been studing english literature for 2 years and enjoy living with a lot of my friends in the dorm because my family,in fact my parents,live in the city where I was born in,lahijan.I have two older brothers,Nima(the older and the married one,computer software engineer who live in the south lands of iran) and pourya(the mine discovering engineer who is working as a consulting engineer now).As you see,both of them like me live apart from my parents and especially from where they basically belong.
And about my city:Lahijan is a city in Iran's Gilan province, on the shores of Caspian Sea and south of Langroud or Langrood. It had an estimated population of 61,953 in 2005.[1] It is historically the first town in iran to have tea plantations, today having the biggest area of tea cultivation in Iran. "Lahijan Spring Tea" is the best quality tea produced in the country. Prince Mohammad Mirza known as "Kashef-ol-Saltaneh" who was born in Lahijan was the first mayor of Tehran. While being the Iranian ambassador to india under British rule, he knew the British would not allow him to learn about tea production secrets as it was their biggest business in India that time. So being fluent in French, the prince pretended to be a French laborer and started to work in tea plantations and factories to learn how to produce tea and later secretly took it to Iran. His tomb in Lahijan is now "Iran Tea Museum". Lahijan rice, tea, silk and cookies are also well-known and sold all over the country. The nearest Caspian beach to Lahijan is "Chamkhaleh Beach". Places of interest: Lahijan Pool (Estakhr) Four King Tomb (Char Padshah) Golshan Bath Sheykh Zahed Guilani Tomb Lahijan Fresh Produce Market No.1 and No.2 Brick Bridge of Langrood Chamkhaleh Beach


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi darling.You know how much I love our views...Thatäs really nice.Thanks

2:16 AM  
Blogger S. Susan Marandi said...

What gorgeous views, and such an interesting explanation, especially about the origin of tea in Lahijan. It would be a good idea to mention your source of information, though, so that your readers could check on the authenticity.

Keep writing! :-)

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home